One of the items that I registered for my bridal shower was this molcajete from Williams-Sonoma from my lovely cousin/Maid of Honor, Vlada. This was back in November. Since then, she has been begging me to make my killer guac in this solid piece of basalt rock. And finally – almost a year later – I comply. Let me tell you….I make a mean guacamole…..
- 6 Avocados
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped with no seeds
- 1/4 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Limes (you can use less if you prefer)
- Half a bunch of cilantro, chopped
Mash half of the avocados, and dice the other half in large chunks. This way, when you’re mixing all of the ingredients, you still have the larger pieces of the avocados to enjoy and it gives it an even more homemade texture!
You don’t need much for the soft tacos….not very creative, as you can see by the picture below with all of 2 ingredients. I did pull a trick out of my sleeve, which gave the meat so much flavor…After browning the turkey and adding the seasoning, I poured in about 2 cups of the chicken broth and simmered the meat until there was barely any fluid left.My sides were:
- Chopped Organic Tomatoes
- Chopped Organic Lettuce
- Fat Free Fage Greek Yogurt (great substitute for sour cream – I’m still trying to convince my parents to make the switch!)
- Slice Black Olives
- Shredded Mixed Cheese (I think this was the Mexican mixed cheese from Wegmans)
Don’t forget the tortillas!! I’ve done that a few times and had taco salad instead. Not a terrible mistake 😉