I made Naan pizzas once before. I don’t remember what I topped them with, but I definitely won’t forget what I topped them off with this time! Of course, I had to make two different kinds because one is just. not. enough.
- On the whole wheat Naan, I smeared herb pesto and then layered roasted veggies, mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, baby artichoke hearts and goat cheese, in that order.
- On the garlic Naan, I spread out the buffalo chicken mixture, sprinkled Monteray Jack and Cheddar cheese mixture and then topped off with blue cheese crumbles. I sprinkled some chopped up chives right before serving to add some color contrast.
Roasted Veggie Naan Pizza
- 1 Large piece of Naan bread (I used whole wheat for this one)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 handfull of mushrooms, sliced
- handful of green onions, chopped
- handful of artichoke hearts
- 1 Red pepper, sliced
- Cream Cheese
- Goat Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese (I’ll use fresh mozz next time)
- Herb Pesto (buy or make your own with various herbs…I used fresh resemary, thyme, green onion, garlic, some parsley and chives, in the food processor with some extra virgin olive oil)
1. Lay the green onion, mushrooms, and red pepper on a pan, toss in salt, pepper and oil and roast in the oven until everything is soft.
2. Coat the naan with mixed herbs.
3. Throw the roasted veggies and artichokes onto the Naan.
4. Spread the Mozzarella Cheese over the veggies.
5. In a medium bowl, mix a good chunk of goat cheese and cream cheese together to make an even consistency.
6. Lay the slices of tomato on top of the Mozzarella and top with a small ball of the goat cheese and cream cheese mixture.
7. Throw the pizza into the oven until the cheese starts to brown and enjoy.
Buffalo Chicken Naan Pizza
- 1 Large piece of Naan bread (I used the garlic Naan bread for this one)
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (remove skin and bones, shred)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of Frank’s Red Hot sauce, depending on your desired heat
- 2 super ripe tomatoes (chopped with juice) or 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles
- A handful of chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in Worcestershire, hot sauce and chopped tomato with juices.
3. Add shredded chicken into the buffalo mixture to coat.
4. Cover the Naan with the saucy chicken, cheeses.
5. Bake until cheese is melted. Top with chopped chives prior to serving.
Enjoy the pizza! It’s delish!